Skip to main content

LADIES KNOW YOUR WORTH.


LADIES KNOW YOUR WORTH.
Exactly six months ago, I was in utter despair sitting around a table that I was reduced to nothing. Fast forward to six months later, I’m living the life I’ve been fantasizing about. Let me tell you the whole story.

After my maternity leave, I was in dire need of a job and was ready to give my best to any nursing job that was available. Through a freelance company, I went to a facility that I thought met the criteria for the kind of job I wanted. This must be an answered prayer I said to myself! I decided to brainstorm on how I’ll get into this perfect company and what came to my mind was to use my social skills.





While socializing with a permanent worker in the facility, she asked if I’d like to work with them! Without a second thought, my answer was “YES”. As if she was waiting for that kind of response, she literally dragged me to the boss's office and demand that I should be given a job. I was interviewed by the lady manager and she was impressed. Unfortunately, she said “the position you’re applying for is currently unavailable but you can start with a lower level and as soon as the position you desire becomes available, we will let you know” It felt like heaven answered my prayers!

As one who is very passionate about my nursing profession, I gave my best to taking care of our clients. After the honeymoon phase of transitioning to a new work environment passed, I realized that I’ve been working as the nurse they said the position is not available. Well, that doesn’t matter, I convinced myself. I will keep doing my best and when the position becomes available, they will definitely let me know.

Few months later, I was chatting with a client during one of my nursing visits and she told me about an announced (over the television) salary raise in my department. I was pleasantly surprised because no one mentioned that to me. The time came for me to receive a higher wage from the company but to my greatest surprise, my salary was still the same. Curious and confused, I decided to ask my colleagues how much they were paid and they all affirmed that they got a higher salary.

Higher salary for you with less educational than me? I took my curious self to the printer, printed out my pay slips and went straight to my employer's office. When I asked her why I was paid less than everyone else, she casually said that (with no form of amazement or even remorse) because I have a higher educational qualification, Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) and I’m currently working as Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) that the law prohibits that I work as that LPN so they did not add any nursing qualification to the work contract they sent to the payment office which means that I’ve been working as someone without a nursing degree even though they make me work as the BSN that I am. She went on to ask if I have a license to practice as an LPN.

Was I Furious?! Not really, I believed that she was going to resolve the issue until later that day, when we had a meeting at work and the same boss told the employees in my presence to refer someone, they know with BSN in nursing.
I was in rage! Not directed to her but to myself. Questions flooded my mind. How did I get here? Did I show her that I valued myself enough? Why did I even conceive to the idea of accepting a position of lesser qualification than I have? Those powerful questions combined gave me the push I needed to re-sign.

Right now, I’m being paid more than twice what I was paid at my previous job and better still, I got a freelance nursing job that pays way better and with the option of planning when I want to go to work or when I feel like staying at home to make videos for my YouTube channel or just enjoy the company of my family.

Lessons learned:
Life will only give you what you ask for.
You teach others how to treat you (husbands, children, friends etc.).
If you don’t know your worth, any prize can appeal.
Know exactly what you deserve and do not accept anything less.
When you finally know your worth, don’t forget to add tax.
Know your worth and you’ll live the life you fantasize about.

VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL CLICK HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about that kitchen waste..STOP THE PROCRASTINATION!!!

THOUGHTS ABOUT THAT KITCHEN WASTE:PROCRASTINATING THAT SOLUTION Hey lovelies!!! It is my first blog and I am so happy to welcome you all to join me in this fabulous journey. I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts and health tips so let's get started. I got inspired by a discussion I had recently about a huge challenge that is hindering us from achieving our schedules and desired goals and I decided to remind us about it and offer a little tip on how to deal with it. Let's start with overcoming the problem of procrastination. Many of us can identify with the problem of procrastination,- those times when you feel something needs to be done but then you postpone it for a more convenient time, until it becomes a nuisance and then you're forced to deal with it but more urgently than you would want to.  We often pay little or no attention to this problem in disguise. I have a good example of this from a very special room in our home which is our kitchen . We may feel l

SHOULD CHRISTIAN WOMEN MAKEUP? TRUE BEAUTY FOR A WOMAN

I've been asked countless times about my stance about women, makeup and beauty. Fortunately, I read from an article online that wrote intelligently about exactly what I believe in and I would love to share it with you all. We live in a society that places a high degree of importance on physical appearance. We see men and women (more women) running to plastic surgeons, having many different kinds of procedures done simply to enhance their appearance. Our society is obsessed with physical beauty, and many women are caught up in that obsession as well. But should beauty really be that important for a woman? Is beauty something that a Christian woman should strive for? What makes a woman truly beautiful? A woman can and should be beautiful—God designed her to be that way. Her skin, hair and other features were created to be soft and appealing, and her body was fashioned to be attractive and beautiful to men. A woman was designed to be attractive, and most women want to be

HOW TO APPLY TO STUDY IN FINLAND: STUDY NURSING IN FINLAND FOR FREE

HOW TO APPLY TO STUDY IN FINLAND: STUDY NURSING IN FINLAND FOR FREE On the 20 th of August 2017(which fell on my birthday), I finally lived in the reality of studying nursing in Finland. Although I had studied nursing back in my home country Nigeria, I wanted to have a different feel of what studying nursing abroad especially in Finland where I’ve called my new home was about. With so much optimism wrapped with determination, I was ready to start a new chapter of my life. New Chapters come with uncertainties and unanswered questions yearning for some familiarities and relieving answers and I am pretty sure, YOU ARE HERE FOR THAT! Grab a chair and sit with me while I give you just that! I guess by now you must have written your entrance examination and waiting for the time to fly by quickly so you can receive an email informing you the course your destiny will follow. Whatever that may be, I will like to tell you some of the things you should expect from the nu