Skip to main content

BEST WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT AFTER PREGNANCY


As a teenage girl, I wanted to add just a little weight and be fat. Yes, I prayed for it, ate all that was offered to be thankfully without saying no. One would think I enjoyed the meal BUT the real intention was for me to add just a little fat. 😂😂

Fast forward to some years later, after being married and welcomed my bundle of joy, here I was looking for the fastest way to recover and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Did I see you nodding your head? Well, if you still dealing with how to shed some weight, I’d love to share with you some tips I incorporated into my routine to help me achieve  my goal. 

By the way, I was weighing 75kg and decided to lose 10kg in order to get to my pre-partum weight. So that being said, I’d like to announce to you that I am currently weight 63kg and would love to share with you how I got that result in five months!


PLAN FOR IT: I love to think of myself as a great planner. I believe that with God, a great plan and the willingness to act, a lot can be achieved. On the 1st of January 2018, I decided that by the end of the year, I should attain my set goal of 65kg and so I decided to search online for help and this of strategies to attain it.

EXERCISE: We’ve all heard of the word "exercise" to the extent that some people think it’s just a cliché. Well, I hope that by the time you finish reading this post, you’re convinced that it is not! That’s because I’ve seen incredible result for it. It truly works! I will recommend you start with a low impact exercise if you have not been very active. As your endurance and energy increases, you can increase the intensity.


CHECK YOUR DIET: After some weeks of exercising at home, I noticed that my weight wasn’t reducing as much I'd love it to. With some reflections, I soberly had to give up some foods and take on new strategies.
 I replaced sugar with honey, whole wheat bread with seed bread and juices with water. I also started eating smaller portions and more frequently. I also had fruits as snacks. This lifestyle changes I made is now part of what I do regularly and would recommend it to you too.

BREASTFEED: One of the things I learned from surfing the internet was that breastfeeding actually helps a mom to lose weight. It is estimated that about 500 calories are lost daily by breastfeeding. Someone told me that she did not do any meals skipping nor engage in exercise. What helped her lose weight was just exclusive breastfeeding.

Let's talk about other things that are important and listable
Be Realistic: You won't lose 10kg in a day and even if you do, you may harm your health in the process ( as a nurse, I learned that cholelithiasis can be gotten from this harmful action)
It takes time to shed off extra pounds. Give yourself time and take one day at a time.

Love yourself: By making a decision to change how you look means you love yourself. While you're trying to get to your desired goal, enjoy the process and love yourself because you're all you've got.

Be consistent: With consistency, you will achieve your desired goal. The little effort every day add up to something great. I heard a good description of consistency from a motivational speaker some time ago. She said " if you hit a tree once a day with a cutlass, over time that will build up and the tree will fall down" . 

You have all it takes to achieve your goals. START DOING IT. 
P.S Your comment is treasured by me

You will love this video I made about losing weight after pregnancy. 
Click on the video to watch 👇👇👇



Comments

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your comment will be treasured ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about that kitchen waste..STOP THE PROCRASTINATION!!!

THOUGHTS ABOUT THAT KITCHEN WASTE:PROCRASTINATING THAT SOLUTION Hey lovelies!!! It is my first blog and I am so happy to welcome you all to join me in this fabulous journey. I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts and health tips so let's get started. I got inspired by a discussion I had recently about a huge challenge that is hindering us from achieving our schedules and desired goals and I decided to remind us about it and offer a little tip on how to deal with it. Let's start with overcoming the problem of procrastination. Many of us can identify with the problem of procrastination,- those times when you feel something needs to be done but then you postpone it for a more convenient time, until it becomes a nuisance and then you're forced to deal with it but more urgently than you would want to.  We often pay little or no attention to this problem in disguise. I have a good example of this from a very special room in our home which is our kitchen . We may feel l

SHOULD CHRISTIAN WOMEN MAKEUP? TRUE BEAUTY FOR A WOMAN

I've been asked countless times about my stance about women, makeup and beauty. Fortunately, I read from an article online that wrote intelligently about exactly what I believe in and I would love to share it with you all. We live in a society that places a high degree of importance on physical appearance. We see men and women (more women) running to plastic surgeons, having many different kinds of procedures done simply to enhance their appearance. Our society is obsessed with physical beauty, and many women are caught up in that obsession as well. But should beauty really be that important for a woman? Is beauty something that a Christian woman should strive for? What makes a woman truly beautiful? A woman can and should be beautiful—God designed her to be that way. Her skin, hair and other features were created to be soft and appealing, and her body was fashioned to be attractive and beautiful to men. A woman was designed to be attractive, and most women want to be

HOW TO APPLY TO STUDY IN FINLAND: STUDY NURSING IN FINLAND FOR FREE

HOW TO APPLY TO STUDY IN FINLAND: STUDY NURSING IN FINLAND FOR FREE On the 20 th of August 2017(which fell on my birthday), I finally lived in the reality of studying nursing in Finland. Although I had studied nursing back in my home country Nigeria, I wanted to have a different feel of what studying nursing abroad especially in Finland where I’ve called my new home was about. With so much optimism wrapped with determination, I was ready to start a new chapter of my life. New Chapters come with uncertainties and unanswered questions yearning for some familiarities and relieving answers and I am pretty sure, YOU ARE HERE FOR THAT! Grab a chair and sit with me while I give you just that! I guess by now you must have written your entrance examination and waiting for the time to fly by quickly so you can receive an email informing you the course your destiny will follow. Whatever that may be, I will like to tell you some of the things you should expect from the nu