Skip to main content

MY BIRTH STORY IN FINLAND


The journey into the joys of motherhood started on my 40th week of pregnancy at 19:00 on a Tuesday (22nd of November 2017) with a visceral nudge.  The unusual lower abdominal and pelvic pain heralded the imminent arrival of our little cutie. I immediately tapped my husband that was lying just at the other side of the bed to inform him.

The first stage of labour progressed in its unique way. The contraction quickly advanced from every ten minutes to five. For those periods I was totally restless and in severe pain. No position was comfortable; I couldn't lie or sit. With the intense pain, my trip to toilet became regular because I was vomiting and stooling. My husband and I decided to go to the hospital after we called the birth ward and informed them of our situation.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE ↓↓↓↓↓
https://www.youtube.com/c/EliteRossy 

On arrival at the central hospital in Hämeenlinna in Finland, I was checked by friendly and professional midwives. They affirmed that I was in labour but my cervix is still close. I was given the option to either stay in the hospital for observation and care or return home. I chose to return home because I wanted to be messy (vomit and stool) at the comfort of my home.

I had a vigil throughout the Tuesday due to the pain until the dawn of Wednesday. I had thought that when the amniotic sac breaks that the fluid will rush down like a tap as we see in movies but mine just dribbled down. With the confusion, I forgot all I learnt in my nursing school and picked up my phone to call a friend(Lydia). With the advice of my sister and the friend, we decided to go to the hospital and that was about 21:00.


 In the hospital, I was checked and told that I was already 3cm dilated. By that time, I was already tired as a result of sleepless night, intense pain and vomiting. I immediately requested for an analgesic. I was given one but the effect was not felt. After two hours, I requested for an epidural injection because I was beginning to feel very weak. I was already 5cm dilated and that made it possible for my request to be granted. 
I decided to sleep after the epidural injection was administered to regain a little strength. My cervix was already fully dilated when I woke up and the effect of the epidural injection had worn off. I was ready to birth my son. It took about 30 minutes and our bundle of joy was out.
The feeling was incredible and I owe all thanks to God, the Maker and Giver of life.
If YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT IN FINNISH HOSPITALS AND MY BIRTH STORY WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW↓↓↓


WATCH TO SEE MORE OF OUR LIVES HERE














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about that kitchen waste..STOP THE PROCRASTINATION!!!

THOUGHTS ABOUT THAT KITCHEN WASTE:PROCRASTINATING THAT SOLUTION Hey lovelies!!! It is my first blog and I am so happy to welcome you all to join me in this fabulous journey. I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts and health tips so let's get started. I got inspired by a discussion I had recently about a huge challenge that is hindering us from achieving our schedules and desired goals and I decided to remind us about it and offer a little tip on how to deal with it. Let's start with overcoming the problem of procrastination. Many of us can identify with the problem of procrastination,- those times when you feel something needs to be done but then you postpone it for a more convenient time, until it becomes a nuisance and then you're forced to deal with it but more urgently than you would want to.  We often pay little or no attention to this problem in disguise. I have a good example of this from a very special room in our home which is our kitchen . We may feel l

SHOULD CHRISTIAN WOMEN MAKEUP? TRUE BEAUTY FOR A WOMAN

I've been asked countless times about my stance about women, makeup and beauty. Fortunately, I read from an article online that wrote intelligently about exactly what I believe in and I would love to share it with you all. We live in a society that places a high degree of importance on physical appearance. We see men and women (more women) running to plastic surgeons, having many different kinds of procedures done simply to enhance their appearance. Our society is obsessed with physical beauty, and many women are caught up in that obsession as well. But should beauty really be that important for a woman? Is beauty something that a Christian woman should strive for? What makes a woman truly beautiful? A woman can and should be beautiful—God designed her to be that way. Her skin, hair and other features were created to be soft and appealing, and her body was fashioned to be attractive and beautiful to men. A woman was designed to be attractive, and most women want to be

TRAVEL TO NIGERIA Living in Nigeria Life In Nigeria #visitnigeria #nigeria

TRAVEL TO NIGERIA  Living in Nigeria Life In Nigeria #visitnigeria #nigeria Happy new year lovely people!So, we visited Nigeria and I took lots of vlogs showing life in Nigeria. Living in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. click on the videos to watch. OUR TRIP FROM FINLAND TO TURKEY TO NIGERIA MY VILLAGE LIFE ENJOYING NATURE AND DOING SOME CHORES A VISIT TO A TRADITIONAL MARKET  IN NIGERA A SURPRISE WEDDING ANNIVERSARY NIGHT A VISIT TO #pleasurepartnigeria AMUSEMENT PARK A VISIT TO #hotelpresidentialnigeria #luxurioushotelinnigeria MY REVERSE #cultureshock in NIGERIA SEE MORE ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL  HERE